“Cloud computing has amassed unstoppable momentum, but it’s just getting started.”
In this recent Network World article, the author illustrates how cloud computing not only went mainstream in 2015, it also became the preferred option “for everything from storage to computing to apps to analytics.”
Adoption of cloud solutions is at all time high—and not just for small to medium sized businesses who were more open to exploring alternative IT systems; even for large, conservative enterprises as well.
Here are some milestones from 2015 that show how companies are beginning to embrace the benefits of the cloud:
- In the first quarter, companies offering cloud solutions such as Amazon and Microsoft released their earnings reports and showed impressive growth.
- San Francisco-based game giant Zynga replaced a $100 million, on-premise data center in favor of the cloud.
- Research firm IDC revealed that nealy a third of all IT infrastructure spending is dedicated to cloud, “Cloud IT infrastructure growth continues to outpace the growth of the overall IT infrastructure market, driven by the transition of workloads onto cloud-based platforms”.
- Cloud IT infrastructure spending is estimated to grow at 15.6% per year; this would represent 46.5% of the total IT infrastructure spending by 2019.
- Dell makes the largest tech deal ever by purchasing EMC (who owns the majority stake in VMware, a leader in cloud software)
These highlights are just a glimpse into how cloud computing is growing to be an undeniably critical part of business operations today.
What you can look forward to in 2016…
This year, we believe that cloud computing will prompt more business owners and IT managers to recognize cloud computing as the preferred solution for their IT needs. This could mean anything from full cloud migrations to custom hybrid deployments—the bottom line is that more and more companies are looking to the cloud based on its undeniable benefits, and it’s only poised to get better from here.
If your company is considering cloud solutions for 2016 and could use some expert advice and assistance, contact us.
We’re here to provide personalized service and explore how your business can benefit from the agility, flexibility and cost efficiency the right cloud solution can bring.